Sunday, February 5, 2012

What Do You Love?

Yes, what, not who.  What do you love to do?  What, when you are in the middle of doing it, immerses you in the moment to the degree that all other thoughts are wiped clean out of your mind?  Make a list of these things.  If you don't have more than one, start your list with one thing.  If you have many, you are blessed!

What, when you are in the middle of doing it, makes you light up inside and outside, forces a crazy smile onto your face that you can't get rid of, and lights a fire inside of you that is so bright it shines on everyone around you?  What is that thing you are thinking of right now, that maybe you wish you were doing as you are reading this, and you smile just thinking about it?

Passions, my friends, are what these things are.  They are what make life sweet and juicy and they are what, when you find them, make you think there must be a purpose to this amazing life we are living.  Life is good.  And life is magical in the middle of passion.

So how are you pursing yours?  Are you pursuing yours?  Do you know what they are?  Start with something little (or big) and go do it, in whatever capacity you can.  Make time for it and let it nourish your soul.  Let it take over, get addicted to it.  Be grateful for it and imagine that through it you are saving the world.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thank you for this reminder. It helps me to focus on the positive in life. I read your blog just before leaving for church. Church is definitely one of my passions. It makes me smile as I write this. Church fills me up. It helps me to be mindful of the "big picture" and to feel closer to those I have lost, knowing that they are safe. My other passion is walking. Love it. Love being "one with nature"! What are my other passions? I'm thinking......